Picture Gallery

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Only Human

Hi all, Its Wynn again. This time, the Orcs prologue campaign has ended and we are now moving to the Humans side! Finally some skin that is not green! But then again they are all covered up in armor…

So here is the intro cinematic for Humans

And it starts off with the Prophet flying as a bird through different climates, wow how does he has the stamina despite his age? So the king is having a meeting with his advisers and the king looks like he is confused by all the discussion so much so that he is remaining silent and holding his head. Then the bird enters and catches the king’s attention and finally the king moves, and while staring at the bird, he finally makes his first speech. This makes me think, when life throws it’s problems at you and things become too stressful to handle, is the solution for our breakthrough to simply put aside the big things and relax and find rest in the small things in life?
So the bird transforms into the prophet and he starts warning the king about the impending doom, the king and his advisors however refuse to listen to the prophet claiming that the kingdom will deal with it their own way. Well another life lesson here, the thing about us being so advanced in technology is that sometimes we become so boxed up and dependant on what has already been laid out for us. We become so comfortable in the convenience we have from having a brain that we become too afraid to step out and invest in something new. I mean, the bird is already turning into a guy! What more reason does the king need to heed the prophet’s word?

Pride. The king was so full of his ways he refused to seek help from a man who has done a miracle in front of his eyes. Well the prophet made a great response, he was not stumbled by the king but if the king won’t work, the prophet is not so prideful and stuck in his original plan that he wasn’t willing to find an alternative. So the prophet left and searched for another person. This is so real! If we are so confined by our mental box, we will miss many moments of opportunity that come right in front of us just because we don’t dare to step out!

Okay so enough with philosophy! On with the game!
So in the first mission, we take control of Prince Arthas( see, a prince versus a far seer, which is cooler ? And the Prince is a Paladin! Double power!). So the story is that there has been a lot of Orcs in some parts of the kingdom and the king sent 2 paladins Uther and Arthas to deal with it.

So when I gain control of my units, Uther has left to do his legendary business(he is “Legendary Uther the Lightbringer” cool x 10000 compared to far seer) and I am suppose to defend the base.

And I was exploring the map and I got lost and I ran into a women who said that her son has been kidnapped and well, after talking so much about having faith in the little things on my previous post, I guess I have to help her right? Furthermore I am a prince and a paladin, not just a far seer(I’m still upset about the lame name)

So I went to slay the kidnappers with my awesome Prince power that is not a far seer and I was rewarded with a Ring of Protection that adds to my defence power. See! faithfulness in the small things and everything else will fall in place!(Referring to my second block)

and here’s another citizen in distress! His farming stuff was stolen by bandits and im going to get it back.

so I finished the quest and I was rewarded with a glowing light that disappeared so fast I couldn’t take a screen shot of it. What did it do? Too fast for me to see as well~

And so this is the final boss! The Slave Master! After I engaged him in the battle I went to take a cup of water and when I returned they were all dead and I won, this is why I am a Prince! Okay anyway, Uther summons Arthas to an Orc encampment so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment