Picture Gallery

Friday, July 16, 2010

DotA Beginners (1v1)

Hi all, this is DJ (Di Jing). I just started DotA so I will be talking about DotA beginners (1v1).

I started my first game with Bane Elemental as my hero, it's not so difficult to use but I'm still learning...haha :) Atropos (Bane Elemental) is a hero of intelligence and can learn skills like Enfeeble, Brain Sap, Nightmare and Fiend's Grip. I also has a attack range of 400 and move speed of 350.
It may not be a good hero to start with; I suggest to use hero which has a long attacking range so that you wouldn't be so close to your opponenting hero.

Here are some tip I have for beginners from my experience:
1) Always keep a distance so as to not let opponent hit you.
2) Always power up your skills.
3) Don't keep sitting in the shop looking at what items to buy, it waste time. Most probably your opponent hero will became a higher level as you waste time.
4) Aim for final hit when opponent HP is low.
5) If your friendly tower is hitting your opponent, always be there as you can get huge experience when tower is hitting at emeries at full speed.
6) Don't hit emeries tower until about lvl 4/5 because it will hardly cost any damage to them.
7) Buy animals to buy and transfer items to your hero.
Hope this post can help beginners gain knowledge and tips about how to start DotA...
Cheers!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment